Background

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Paper Shelter (TPS) Challenge #79 - Layers on Layers

I tried my hands on my own version of paper tole. I decided to use the digitally coloured image of sharing a rainy day.
1st, I decide how many layers I want (i.e. how "PoP uP" I want my image to look). Then decide not to go more than 4 layers. I'm so glad I made that decision because it took a lot more time than I expected it to.... :P However, despite that being said, the satisfaction of the result supersedes all that hard work! LOL!

Close up of the image

Lots & lots of fussy cut. Then, I pile them up with my trusty Beacon glue. (I guess it will look better if I had a silicon glue). I tried to be careful not to squash them down flat, leaving a little gap in between each layer.
I also drew my own shape mat to mat the image & obviously it was not perfectly cut like the Spellbinders Nesties ones. Heehee...

I bought a packet of Petaloo - Chipboard clouds (Color me Crazy) & love them. They come with various sizes & it's so fun because I'm able to make every single one of them different.
The original (Before pic)

The transformation (After pic)

The texture of the clouds

I covered all 3 of my clouds with 2 coats of Adirondack Metallics Acrylic Paint - Pearl. Let them dry & ink them with Distress Ink-Sugar Spun & Tumble glass. Sadly, my photo is unable to capture the subtle  hues of blues & pinks on the clouds.

For the largest cloud (1), I applied lots of glossy accents on the chipboard cloud to adhere the clear seed beads. To ensure that the beads stay put, I gave them another load of glossy accent, heat set it with the heat gun & applied my Adirondack Metallics Acrylic Paint - Pearl randomly on the top of the beads.

For the medium size cloud (2), I added lots of Stickles - Diamond. Use my heat gun to heat it till the glue bubbles so that the cloud be glittery as well as a texture to it. 

For the smallest cloud (3), I just left it with the original 2 coats of acrylic paint.


Side view of the card

The inside of the card

I finished off the card with Tsukineko - Goosebumps Clear Texture Spray to give the rain effect.


Materials Used:
The Paper Shelter Digi Stamp: Sharing an Umbrella
Papers: MME-Lime Twist collection, Violet & Dark Purple CS & Coredinations-Vienna Lake Dot paper (GX-1420-03)
Other Materials: Martha Stewart-Layered Arches punch, Stickles-Diamond, Beacon 3 in 1 advanced craft glue, Adirondack Metallic Acrylic Paint Dabber - Pearl, Clear Seed Beads (10/0) Glossy Accent, Distress ink-Sugar Spun, Tumbled Glass & Tea Dye.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shirin, I love the way youve decoupaged this image and your colour choice is gorgeous a stunning result. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete