Background

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Paper Shelter (TPS) Challenge #89 - Fairies & Elves


Fairies & Elves is the theme for this week's challenge. I know I wanted the card to look cheery & bright so I chose to work with pretty reds, pinks, yellows & greens. I made a circle easel card out of Spellbinders - Grand nestabilities dies & chose to colour TPS's image - Fairies Tea Party. Here's how my card looks!

The circle easel card

For this card, I most proud of the background that I've created. :) I wanted to create a feeling that the fairy & elf are having tea in a beautiful & most magical place on earth. I thought that it will be cool to let the background seems as if they were sitting below a rainbow. However, you'll not see the actual rainbow but only the reflection of its array of colours.

The pretty fairy

The cute little elf

The fun & colourful toadstools

The sweet flowers

How the card will look when it's closed

The Copic markers used other than
E000, E00, E11 & 0

Materials Used:
The Paper Shelter Digi Stamp: Fairy Tea Time
Papers: Xpress It Blending card, red, bubblegum pink, green colour CS,  MME-Quite contrary paper collection 
Punch: Martha Stewart-Monarch Butterfly edge punch
Dies: Magnolia-Bon Voyage Foilage, Spellbinders-Grand Label: Grand Circles & Grand scalloped circles, Other Materials: Prima-Say it with Crystals:Item#551452, Versamagic: Gingerbread, Paper roses, Distress Stickles-Icicle & Stardust, White gel pen, Silver Glitter pen & Copic markers 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shirin, wow that is stunning, I adore your flower arrangement along the bottom of your easel, and what a difference your design is to mine. You are really talented and Im so glad I have you on my team. Hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous! Such amazing coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all the work you have done with these digis.
    So beautiful, so you!

    ReplyDelete