Background

Monday, May 7, 2012

TOMIC Challenge #48 - Animal + Sketch

This week's challenge: Animal + Sketch

We need to use a Magnolia animal stamp for our creation which is the main image or as important as the main image & we will need to follow Tina's sketch below.
Tina's Sketch

I found "Nalle" (Teddy Bear) from Spring 2006 collection & decided to use it. I find that it compliments "Tilda with blue blanket" (Princes & Princesses collection) very well. Baby Tilda with her stuffed teddy bear.... The pair is adorable together. :)
I always try to make an envelope to match the card. So here's it.... To ensure that the flap of the envelope doesn't open, I made a little pocket to hold the flap & cut it to look like an origami heart. Cute, huh? (*^_^)


Here's are the close-up shots of the card.



I came across this medium the other day called Iridescent Medium & experimented with it. It's a whitish silvery translucent medium which you are supposed to mix with your watercolours. 


However, as I used Copics to colour my stamps, I decided to try & see what's the effect I'll get if I apply the medium directly to my coloured stamps. Here's the result ....... a very subtle silvery/pearly sheen that can only be seen if you tilt the card at a certain angle. I used it on Tilda's ribbon, blanket, a little on her shoes & dress as well as the patchwork on Teddy's face & body & its paws & inner ear.

Soft, Cuddly little Nalle
 


Now you see the iridescent sheen....


& now you don't....


Magnolia Stamps: Tilda with blue blanket (Prince & Princesses 2012) & Nalle (Teddy Bear) Spring 2006 collection
Doohickey Die: So wrapped Lovely (Sweet Crazy Love 2012)
Papers: Chocolate & Pistachio coloured CS, My Mind's Eye - Miss Caroline collection
Other Materials: Kaisercraft mini clear stamp-Bon Voyage, Floral Trim, Brown paper twine, Buttons & metal charm flower, Martha Stewart Edge punch-Embroidery, Spellbinders-Romantic Rectangles, Winsor & Newton-Iridescent Medium, Distress ink-Vintage Photo, Brads, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers & the black Copic Multiliner 0.1 pen.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet Shirin!
    Just loved it!
    You got to show me the medium...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete